Music promotions recently caught up with Torratti to discuss his music, the story behind $timmy, advice for new artists and much more.
What’s the story behind $timmy?
- $timmy is a song that was built around frustration from the US Government. Not just for me but for everyone who needs the extra money to provide for themselves and their loved ones.
How did it take you to write this song?
- It took me one day to write this song
Would you say this is a good indication of what we can expect more of from you?
- Speaking the truth, yes. You can count on me to put a societal issue on check.
As a songwriter and a producer what is your process? How long do you spend in the studio?
- Once my producer, Emjay Beats sent the track over, I immediately wrote to it, then took it to the studio. It took me 2 hours to record, mix, and master this track
Do you write and produce for other artists?
- Yes all the time, It’s an honor to help other people bring out their vision.
Who influences you as a songwriter, artist and a producer?
- Different people inspire me in different ways. I’d say people I meet on the day to day introduce me to new ideas and philosophies. My inspiration comes from the people. I’m just the voice behind many.
Are you working towards realising an album or EP?
- Both. “Hollywood” EP comes out May 7th, and “Grand Opening” Album comes out August 6th. I even have a project in October called “Demons in the Dark” so stay tuned.
With your experiences through music what advice would you give to you and coming artists in similar situations?
- Be different. Don’t be like everyone else. Don’t copy artists who’ve made it. Follow your heart. Tell your stories. Be unique. Don’t stop climbing. If you see the same people you saw yesterday, you aren’t improving. Keep moving.
Have you always wanted to be involved in music?
- Yes ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be the one in music videos with the big chains, and fancy cars. As I got older I realized I wanted to be the one signing those people.
Do you have plans to tour in the future (when live music returns?)
- All day everyday. For every album, there’s a tour.
Where can people find you on social media?